Friday, October 12, 2012

Why did I get up?

I woke up this morning with the familiar feeling of an oncoming migraine.  All I wanted to do was call my one Pilates client and cancel. But I didn't.  I got up, showered, and drove to the studio in the dark of the pre-dawn morning.  On the way I stopped to get my coffee which was waiting for me on the counter when I walked into the shop.  My sweet barista knows my car and my order and had it ready and waiting before I even walk in the door.  How grateful I was with my newly hatching headache to have a cup of hot strong coffee in my hands.  When I came out of the shop I stood spellbound by pink clouds streaked across the sky, gold shining off the ripples facing the rising sun.  It only lasted a few minutes but it stopped me in my tracks.  It felt like an invitation to live, the sky calling out to me to be today.  Breathe the crisp air, see the vibrant colors, hear the river running, and feel the autumn sun on my face.  Be alive.

My client overslept.  My migraine progressed.  I had meetings to go to.  Phone calls to make.  But I knew why I got up.  The day was dawning and I needed to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment