Thursday, July 18, 2013

Heading Home

I've only just settled in and it's time to head home. My tent is all packed up and bags are packed. Even though it's been plenty long enough for me to be away from my family it's barely enough time to get into the groove of work and friendship up here at camp. Just now I feel myself relax and be part of the community here.  It's like my personality is peeking out from behind a curtain. The anxiety and stress of  day to day life is on a back burner for a while and I'm able to just be myself.  What a wonderful feeling!

How about I take that home with me. It'll be my gift to my friends and family back home.  I'll bring back Kate as she is, without the wet blanket of crazy anxiety that I usually drag around like a mourning veil.

Last night as the rain pelted my tent I couldn't help but smile. My trusty old (22 years old) tent kept me cozy and dry and I was just so happy to be snug. This place brings out an intense love in me. Love for people, love for nature, love for science, and incredible inspiration to create.

I'll take that gift home too.

Gratitude for my time here is ever present. I feel it down into the core of my being and it warms me like a white hot ember. Taking some time away and returning to my innermost interests and passions has been like medicine for me. At home are the people I love most in the world and some pretty big decisions that have to be made but I feel up to the task. All of a sudden there seems to be nothing but possibility at every angle and turn!

I'm going to bed and on my way I'll breathe that amazing arctic air and let the magic into my body and soul.

View from my tent before the rain came.

1 comment:

  1. The key to having something, anything, (and especially the best) of yourself to give to others (and the world) is allow yourself what YOU need....

    It's counter-intuitive (especially to women it seems to me) to step back, step away and immerse in what renews. But it's essential in order to continue caring and giving.

    I can honestly feel your joy woven amid your words about this trip and the time you've spent there.

    Bravo.
    For you.
    For those you love.
    For better days ahead.
    Bravo indeed......

    Issy

    ReplyDelete